A Pastor is a very important role-player in the lives of many Christians, thus writing a novel from their pov would make for a fascinating book. Here are 20 plot ideas for your next Christian novel.
- 3 Feuding Pastors (Their ministries is located in the same street) fight over church members, prestige and power in a small town. Will their hatred destroy their ministries or will forgiveness win this tug of war?
- Pastor’s secret sin. Will the Pastor reveal the truth and risk losing it all or will he continue to secretly sin and ruin his soul?
- A Pastor moves to a rural town where there is one denominational cult. He fights to win back the souls from a tyrannical leader and his dark reign.
- A Pastor is falsely accused of various shameful deeds and is deeply wounded by the rejection of his followers. Will he clear his name or live in bitterness and forget about his calling?
- A Pastor and Jezebel. A pastor falls in love and marries a woman from a different religion. She has her own agenda, thus encourages her husband to merge Christianity with her religious beliefs. This creates a tsunami that nearly destroys the mega level church. Will Pastor support his wife’s view or will he repent from his idolatry and save the church?
- A new pastor is elected after the founding pastor steps down after 30 years. The new pastor’s radical ideas collide with the reigning culture in the church, thus the church splits in half. Will the Pastor pursue what God has shown him or will he follow the old culture ruling the church?
- Government brings in new legislation. Pastors must possess a university degree in theology and undergo an internship under government approved leaders. Will Pastor complete his education and overcome the unbearable leader in the internship programme?
- A Pastor in training (David) versus Saul. (Jealous founding Pastor). The founding pastor humiliates young David, because he believes David will steal his throne. Will young David retaliate by getting revenge or will he choose forgiveness and win over the Senior Pastor’s heart?
- A Pastor with a successful ministry receive dreams from God instructing him to move to another city. A visiting prophet confirms what God has shown him. Will Pastor be obedient or will he remain with his current congregation?
- A Pastor starts a drug rehabilitation center in a dangerous area. He comes face to face with the leader of a drug cartel. Will Pastor surrender and move after receiving threats from the cartel or will he win them over with the love of God?
- A Pastor is called during the tribulation period in the end of days. Share his trials Pastoring a church in the most difficult moments in the history of the earth.
- A Pastor is about to step down, but cannot see a worthy successor in his church. He goes through a selection process that will create chaos in his leadership. Will he follow his heart and make a decision based upon loyalty or will He allow the Holy Spirit to choose the best successor for this role?
- A Pastor is contemplating suicide. His personal life (Marriage-Wife is having an affair with an elder, His business is about to get liquidated, His child is on drugs and His friends betrayed him) is falling part, yet the church is oblivious to his problems. Will he step down as the leader or will he continue pretending his life is perfection?
- A woman in church has been called by God to be the Pastor of a large church, but the church culture does not allow women to speak in public gatherings. Will she fight against the church leader’s opinion or begin her own ministry and empower believers in the small city?
- An Apostle, Pastor (God’s point of view) and Prophet have differing views for the future plans of a small church. Which point of view will prevail in this dramatic showdown between leaders in a small ministry?
- A teacher has been preaching a radical revelation that goes against biblical principles. The Pastor: a gentle, conflict avoiding and peace-loving person must decide between rectifying his spiritual son or allowing him to continue leading God’s people astray.
- Pastor versus the wounded. A new church member joins the church and begins challenging the authority and principles of the senior Pastor. Will the Pastor help the member find healing or will He get rid of this threat by intimidation?
- A Pastor has recently learned he has a potentially life threatening illness. Will he allow this storm to bring him to his knees or will rise above this attack and be victorious?
- A Pastor must decide between building a 1000 seater church or beginning a welfare ministry to help the homeless in his community. Will he follow his heart and help his community or follow the vision of his elders in the church?
- A Pastor with a MBA is offered a deal of a lifetime. Will Pastor choose to follow his dream or will he remain being an associate Pastor at a small church?
I hope these plot points will aid in the creation of a masterpiece for God. May God fill your heart with His wisdom during your novel-writing sessions. In the next installment, I will be sharing 20 writing plots and prompts from the perspective of a church follower.
If you do not want to miss further writing posts, please subscribe to my blog by hitting the follow button. Please feel free to share this list with your writing contacts.
God bless you.